Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"Meet Me at Musial" - the Richter Family Files.

Took some time to dig through my wife's meticulously-kept photo scrapbooks and found some family photos by the Musial statue in St. Louis. Just thought it might be a nice follow-up to my Musial article.

This is my then future-bro-in-law in 1989 outside of "Busch Stadium II". This is during the visit Kim and her grandparents made that I wrote about in the article. Ryan also has the honor of having actually met Stan. He and my mother-in-law went to a baseball card show where Stan was signing autographs. They bought me a framed photo of Musial for Christmas, which Ryan waited in line to have Stan sign. I have that photo somewhere...












These two photos are from 1996 - my son's first baseball game. Memorable game not only due to Caleb's first  Cardinals game, but also the last time I got to see Ozzie Smith  as a player. The Cardinals won that night against the Rockies 2-1, and would go on to win the NL Central but fall to Atlanta in the NLCS. You can easily see I have my shoes off in the 2nd picture, and I made sure my 1 year old was paying due deference to The Man as well!





















My daughter's first Cardinals game in 2000. Obviously in a moment of inexplicable rebelliousness or neglect - we have our shoes on. As I recall, it was very crowded around the statue that night and we only felt comfortable snapping a quick picture, so the shoes stayed on. 

What a trip down memory lane! The Musial statue has been a meeting place and focal point for generations of Cardinal fans. At the newest Busch Stadium, the Musial statue stands proudly at the main entrance by 3rd base. 

Much, much more on the great game of baseball and God's Team here in the near future. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment